- Decentralize All Things
- Decentralization protocols and platforms list
- Decentralized Applications
- Cloud & internet services alternatives list
- Hosting guides
- Search engine alternatives
- Financial funding alternatives list
- Paywall alternatives list
- Video decentralization
- YouTube alternatives list
Decentralize All Things
Welcome to SaidIt's Decentralize All Things wiki upon which good things will follow.
This editable wiki page is similar to a comment but anyone can edit and contribute, including adding internal links (include the entire SaidIt html path) and external links to other websites.
If this wiki list grows to unwieldy we may use the uncensored InfoGalactic.com wiki to add and curate content or do my own or group open-wiki-projects in coordination with this SaidIt voting discussion forum.
I've configured this Decentralize All Things subsaidit to my best abilities on my Brave browser. If you see any anomalies or ways I can improve it I'd be eternally grateful if you let me know at /u/JasonCarswell . Thanks in advance.
Decentralization protocols and platforms list
- WP: Fediverse using the ActivityPub protocol,
- Features apps like WP: PeerTube and Mastodon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastodon_(software) and /s/DecentralizeAllThings/comments/bt4/some_interesting_projects_in_the_fediverse/ .
- Protocol Labs develops these important interrelated protocols: FileCoin, IPFS, IPLD, libp2p, Multiformats
- IG: InterPlanetary File System
- used by DTube
- WP: WebTorrent
- is a protocol but also has a standalone client, one of the few that can do both BitTorrents and WebTorrents (though I'm not sure if it can share across protocols)
- used by BitChute
- IG: ZeroNet
- ZeroNet has an addon for Firefox but it seems not for Chrome. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zeronet-helper https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ZeroNet+addon
- see also:
- - /s/DecentralizeAllThings/comments/b3a/handshake_decentralized_certificate_authority_and/
There are many more not yet listed and in development.
- Prismo test instance @ prismo.news is looking sweet!
- Peertube's Android app now supports instance login and some basic interaction functionality!
- Funkwhale has implemented some of the Subsonic API so you can use some other compatible clients mentioned in the docs.
- Pixelfed now federates.
No More Google:
- Rather than support the monolith, diversify and decentralize with services on this alternatives list:
- /s/censorship/comments/1en5/a_list_of_decentralized_apps/ , submitted by /u/therium
- - including social media, communication apps used on Hong Kong, and more. Some are based on the blockchain, some are P2P. Scroll down towards the bottom where it says "Blockchain/Decentralized storage". There are also privacy tools, decentralized browers, decentralized messaging, links to secure operating systems.
Discussions.app (in development at beta.discussions.app):
- The ideal we strive for is a completely free discussion platform that empowers users with advanced tools like delegated moderation. It is private and anonymous by design, doesn't require anything to create an account and is completely and transparently recorded on a public blockchain. It is of course totally free and open source as well.
- is now federated
- Ben Swann's new social media platform - Isegoria [i-sē-gor-í-a] noun; from the ancient Greek meaning “Equality of all in freedom of speech”
- is a Facebook alternative that is opposed to surveillance, open source, decentralized, uncensored (so-far), and is funded by a cryptocurrency.
- is a FLOSS voice user interface, aka virtual assistant, and knowledge navigator for Linux-based operating systems that uses a natural language user interface. The world’s first fully open-source AI voice assistant.
Notabug (in early development):
- Notabug is a decentralized P2P Reddit alternative, which also offers an improved moderation system where the end user is the sole decider in what type of content they engage in.
Open Markets Institute:
- journalism to promote greater awareness of political and economic dangers of monopolization, identify changes in policy and law allowing such consolidation, and for discussions on how to update America’s traditional political economic principles.
The OSSwin Project:
- Open Source for Windows!
- is a federated blogging engine, based on ActivityPub. It is written in Rust, with the Rocket framework, and Diesel to interact with the database. The front-end uses Ructe templates, WASM and SCSS.
- is decentralized + rewards
- Pocketnet FAQ: https://pastebin.com/x1LS6qax
- is an information freedom group
- is Decentralized Artificial Intelligence Projects
- is a P2P Messenger + rewards
- is free and open source software for starting a minimalist, federated blog — or an entire community.
Cloud & internet services alternatives list
- ownCloud https://owncloud.org/features
- NextCloud https://nextcloud.com
- Seafile https://www.seafile.com/en/features
- FreedomBox https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Features
- PirateBox https://piratebox.cc/faq
- LibraryBox http://librarybox.us/Aboutv2.1.php
Self hosting guide
Some options for exposing your local services to the internet include:
- A dynamic DNS service like http://www.duckdns.org (free)
- must configure port forwarding on your router
- must configure port forwarding on your router
- Paid proxy services
- Self-hosted proxy services
Domain names can be pointed to your services by configuring their
Offline hosting guide
[ To Be Determined ]
Search engine alternatives
- https://Archive.org/web/web.php - Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
- https://Search.CreativeCommons.org - CC Search
- https://SwissCows.ch - " Since we NEVER collect your data, we NEVER track your data! We respect your privacy! "
- https://VLib.org - The WWW Virtual Library
- 20 Of the Best Search Engines in the World Right Now 2020
- 21 Alternative Search Engines to Use in 2020
- Best Uncensored Search Engines for Anonymous Searching
- Deep Web Links | Deep Web Sites | The Deepweb 2020
- Hidden Wiki | Tor .onion urls directories
- The Best Internet Search Engines To Use
- The Best Search Engines of 2020
- Top 10 Best Search Engines In the World (2020)
- Top 10 Search Engines In The World
Financial funding alternatives list
Started at this post: /s/DecentralizeAllThings/comments/b3e/decentralization_alternatives_financial_support/
- banks, credit unions, financial institutions, trusts, etc
- credit cards
- WP: PayPal
- WP: Patreon
- WP: GoFundMe
- WP: Kickstarter
- WP: Wefunder (on which Subverse raised million(s) in record time, Everipedia also)
Alternatives to consider:
- https://EntroPay.com (used by Red Ice TV as mentioned on 2019-08-10 yet their site says closed 2019-07-01)
Please feel free to comment for full disclosure on the pros and cons.
Further, there's no shortage of WP: cryptocurrencies as this WP: limited list attests. (Wikipedia has a war on against cryptos for fear of scams, yet support all the myths of the establishment and their giant scams). There's a dedicated subsaidit at /s/cryptocurrency to discuss this specifically.
Paywall alternatives list
Ryan Dawson has gone through hell being censored.
In his interview with the Halsey News Network "Radio Free America (Episode 268): Social Censorship" (2019-03-04) @ around 1:40:00 they discuss who he's ruled out and the solution he goes with now. He finally set up a paywall through Cleeng after trying Muvi and Wistia and other stuff.
- Cleeng - https://cleeng.com - Cleeng is a company based in the Netherlands that does nothing but payment processing. Subscriber Retention Management™ Designed For OTT. Most advanced APIs for maximum modularity and OTT efficiency. "Cleeng Core enables you to build a comprehensive OTT video platform and manages all aspects of subscriber management for you. Cleeng Core consists of identity and access management [IAM], product entitlement, customer service, subscriber billing and advanced analytics functionalities." See also: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Cleeng+Paywall+Netherlands
- Muvi - https://www.muvi.com
- Wistia - https://wistia.com
Sadly , Ryan Dawson said "they" were messing with his Cleeng account @8m+ in "A bit of everything with anti-bolton" (2019-06-10).
Multistream to 30+ Platforms | Restream.io - [ The best way to stream live video to 30+ platforms simultaneously for free ] : https://restream.io : /s/DecentralizeAllThings/comments/mh3/multistream_to_30_platforms_restreamio_the_best/
In part or in whole, these platforms embrace some decentralization features:
- https://BitChute.com + see also: IG: BitChute / WP: BitChute
- https://DLive.tv - "Live Stream on Blockchain" ?
- https://DTube.com + see also: IG: DTube / WP: DTube
- https://Isegoria.com (Ben Swann's Isegoria)
- https://PeerTube.com + see also: IG: PeerTube / WP: PeerTube
- IG: QBittorrent / WP: QBittorrent
- IG: WebTorrent / WP: WebTorrent
YouTube alternatives list
Started at this post: /s/DecentralizeAllThings/comments/cdq/youtube_alternatives/
For mainstream corporate media as well as independent alternative media, there are countless other lists available:
- https://www.All-Video-Sites.com for 250+ links so far.
This post's image used is from "10 Best YouTube Alternatives (Video Sharing Websites) for Watching Videos" (2018-11-01) on GeekDashBoard.com which included (my alphabetization):
- https://Archive.org/details/movies Internet Archive's Video Section
They didn't mention:
- https://153news.net - another alternative video site, preferred by Matthew North over BitChute.
- BBC iPlayer
- https://Blip.tv redirects to https://www.Maker.tv/ with nothing there
- https://Censored.TV with Gavin McInnes (and Soph)
- https://LivePeer.org - Open Source Video Infrastructure Services, Built On The Ethereum Blockchain.
- https://Unauthorized.tv - For select deplatformed content, not open for anyone. Founded by Vox Day, alt-right sci-fi author and founder of /s/InfoGalactic.
- https://UStream.tv - redirects to https://video.ibm.com "The Future of Video with Watson" IBM Watson Media
- http://VideoJug.com - redirects to https://www.youtube.com/user/VideoJug
- Yahoo! Video
- https://Youku.com - One of China's biggest.
revision by JasonCarswell— view source