Once upon a time the stereotype was that gay men were unusually fit and muscular. This probably occurred for a few reasons:
1) closeted gay men liked to go to the gym and see other men naked in the locker room
2) being gay was more likely to get you harassed, so men who could defend themselves were more likely to be open about it
3) people were less grossed out by muscular fit gay men on TV than ugly fat ones.
However! Faggots nowadays are far more likely to be gross fat unhealthy ugly pieces of shit. Why?
1) Gay men adopt an effeminate soy boy lifestyle too early now, and never learn how to use the gym or do any real physical fitness. If you don't develop your core during puberty, you will never be able to sustain a weightlifting habit without straining your muscles.
2) no one bothers to harass gay men anymore, but fat assholes with no personality can come out in an attempt to be interesting. They believe the lie that hot gay men like disgusting fat hairy unhealthy angry faggots, aka "bears".
3) All the hot dudes Hollywood hired to be gay on TV are either straight or Republicans. Daddy made them play varsity sports, and that's why they're hot.
4) the above problems lead to gay men being Very Unhappy after they come out and tell everyone they are a proud cock sucker, which leads them to be gross, unhealthy, fat, and bitter.
Some consequences of the fat faggot phenomenon:
Every night at the gay bar is "bear night".
Drag queens are getting larger than you ever thought possible.
Every gay relationship is open so the fat faggots can be roommates while they troll grindr for a hot dude horny enough to dump a load of cum in their ass.
Even the "fit" gay men aren't fun anymore because the fat faggots spend all their time insulting better gay men in an attempt to bring them down.
If you're gay, don't come out. Let people figure it out or not, and avoid the fat faggot community as much as possible. Stay off Grindr and follow your local sports scene and you'll be blowing Joe Hockey Sixpack in the sports bar bathroom before you know it. Hell, he might be blowing you.