I can't take the credit, but some intelligent person very accurately described Saidit as a schizophrenic version of Reddit. As an impartial observer, I find the posts and comments around here to be very entertaining. A few specific shout-outs:
- u/socks - You're like that crazy homeless person that plays chess with pigeons. You may be a chess genius, but it doesn't matter because the pigeons always end up knocking over the pieces and flying away.
- u/ShalomEveryone - Your subtle and sometimes passive aggressive humor is delightful. Somewhat similar to u/socks, you often add a dose of logic to an otherwise chaotic mess of alleged "points" and "arguments". But the best part is that nobody cares and you seem to realize that because the thing you are best at is ending every post with "Shalom". This is extra funny when done in one of the many threads about Jewish people, which brings me to...
- u/Jesus - Honestly, I'm not even sure what to say about this one. Part of me wants to pose a completely inane situation and listen to u/Jesus wholeheartedly argue that it all comes back to the jews and their controlling the world. Another part of me wants to dare u/Jesus to post anything at all that does not involve jews. Nonetheless, even if we assume that everything u/Jesus says is 100% correct, I'm convinced that he puts far more work and effort into his writing than any jew puts into running the world, which is a humorous thought in and of itself.
- u/JasonCarswell - I really don't mean to pick on you, but I must admit that your postings are only funny in a sad kind of way. It seems to me like you were the kind of kid who got really excited to play some imaginary game with friends (e.g. cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, etc) but then when the game was over and everybody else was ready to go back to normal, you just stayed in game mode, as if you forgot that it's just a game, not real life. As with the other folks mentioned here and a significant number of Saidit users in general (and most people with schizophrenia, statistically speaking), you are clearly intelligent. Also, as with those other groups, you are a good demonstration of the fact that intelligence does not equal wisdom.
Now let's consider some of Saidit's favorite conspiracy theories:
(To be clear, yes these are conspiracy theories. That doesn't mean that they are false, and it doesn't mean that they are true. It doesn't mean that they are good or bad. It's simply a belief that organized covert actions towards a specific goal are taking place. For example, the development of atomic weapons in WWII was essentially a conspiracy theory from certain perspectives, and of course it ended up being true -- whether or not it is good is a wholly different discussion.)
* COVID-19 is a scam, either it's not a real virus or if it is, it's not actually dangerous.
* COVID-19 vaccinations will apparently kill you and maybe rape your children.
* (Evil) Jews control everything including all mainstream media, major financial institutions, governments, and covert organizations.
* The 2020 Election was illegitimate, because the guy who is arguably the worst president ever (objectively speaking, in terms of domestic and foreign ratings/opinion data, not to mention number of impeachments) totally got more votes but they were switched at 2am by Italian satellites.
* The NSA, CIA, and other alphabet organizations are watching all of us, especially here on Saidit, because they are so deeply afraid of the truth that is unveiled here.
With each of these theories, the only "evidence" that ever gets shared around here either relies on completely unknown and unverified "sources" or simply don't have any sources at all. A Youtube video with a few community college political science professors talking about how the 2020 election was suspicious carries zero weight with any intelligent person. Equally, a talking head on CNN telling people to stop questioning and just trust the process also carries zero weight with any intelligent person.
I hereby challenge each and every one of you. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to make an argument for any non-mainstream idea that is designed to educate, inform, and thoroughly convince a truly objective being. Forget about convincing the "normies" or the "left" or the "right"; pretend an alien that knows nothing about Earth has contacted you and your job is to explain your idea to them.
Obviously you don't need to do this and I expect most people to simply respond to this post calling me some kind of name ("shill" appears to be the hot term these days). But for those that accept this challenge, you stand to win a bounty of improved ability to formulate your ideas and truly spread awareness about things that matter to you, and possibly my respect as well.