I can't clean it all up by hand right now. New automated anti-spam tools for admins are pretty much required at this point. We'll get there.
Thank you to the anti-spam team volunteers, you all have been amazing.
How to join the anti-spam team
- Your account must be over 6 months old and trustworthy to the admin team
- You agree to follow these spam removal guidelines:
- Only act on blatant spam
- Someone mass posting to their own sub (like /s/greekmusic or /s/biotrendy) is not blatant spam
- If an account only posts but has never commented on saidit, they are very likely to be a spammer
- If an account only posts links to a single domain, they are very likely to be a spammer
- Spam posts with significant votes or comments from the saidit community should be preserved
- New accounts should be given the benefit of the doubt, let them establish a pattern of spammy behavior
- If further judgement is required, just ignore the spam or an ask an admin to take a look
- You agree that you will become a "spam only mod" rather than a "real mod". Your mod status on any sub(s) that admins add you to may be revoked at any time for any reason.
- Message d3rr here with a link to the spam, and I will invite you to become a "spam only mod" there (you can ban users from the sub and remove posts and comments). Feel free to ignore the invitation if you detest the particular sub, etc.
- Remove the spam you found and then ban the spammer from that sub
- Review your personal moderation queue a couple of times a day, or whatever works for you, at https://saidit.net/s/mod/about/modqueue/. This lets you easily see all newly reported spam.
- Enjoy the fame and glory, you are now a spam fighting hero