Who wants to help me create videos for the 20th anniversary of 9/11 - and beyond?
The LeverMind Pirate-Radio Video-Jockey Variety-Show Project.
Maybe the title can be shorter and catchier.
Informative edutainment to rewrite the script, challenge the official narratives, seek alternative truths, present profound ideas, shift your paradigm, and flip your lid.
LeverMind will utilize media clips from any and all sources necessary to convey powerful concepts with while being entertaining. LeverMind will not care about any copyright issues, for reasons that will be explained in detail later.
The 20th anniversary of 9/11 is rapidly approaching.
I've not yet finished drafting my pitch in greater detail, LeverMind's First Project Outline In Five Parts, so I've drafted this post to cut to the point and ask for specific assistance.
The pitch includes 5 stages plus some examples.
- Part 1: World Wide 9/11 Foil Fedora Day on the 20th Anniversary
- Part 2: Campaign Development
- Part 3: LeverMind Video Essay #1 9:11
- Part 4: LeverMind Pop-Culture Mash-Up #1 9:11
- Part 5: Open Invitation To Content Creators
To make my videos I seek help to:
1) Develop interesting challenging concepts, in whole or in part.
- media concepts
- audio, music, graphic design, illustrations, images, video, animation, etc
- narrative arcs
- illustrative devices
- juxtapose concepts with media
- subvert expectations
2) Arrange complete concise clear narratives around these concepts and draft scripts.
- with or without a narrator
- with all audio/visual elements
- some info may require verification fact-checking
- names, dates, events, quotes, etc.
- find the best highest-quality sources that tell the story and are dynamic, interesting, and stunning
- pop culture entertainment (movies, television, music, etc)
- corporate news media & alternative media
- historical & recreations
- stock footage & image search
- source types (all will need precise time-codes)
- clips and audio/video samples
- images and video
- sound bites, sound effects, and music
4) I will compile all the elements and edit the video.
I can openly share the development process for feedback, constructive criticism, and insights to improve it, but without interest there's no point in expending extra energy to do so.
If anyone's interested in designing, animating, editing, etc. We could collaborate and develop a pipeline for future productions - but after 9/11.
5) Develop resource management for ongoing sustainability.
- /s/GlossedAndProfound will be the open online cooperative for project development and production management.
- We'll need to set up social media accounts.
- We'll need to set up ways to receive support via donations.
- We'll need to set up a web store.
Imagine a mashup of Memology 101, old-school edgy MTV craziness, and Monty Python skits - yet always serving important purpose of resistance to tyranny.
Years ago I outlined a concept for an Audio & Video Samples Database but haven't actually started the database - yet. More importantly right now I will point to some Spectacular examples of sampling in that article.
Here's another crude example listing clips from movies compiled into a conversational lecture of sorts. Of course this is just a hastily compiled concept and we'd need to zero in over the target for maximum impact.
In the 1990s the Emergency Broadcast Network made revolutionary music from sampling. In the 2000s Catfive (Ezra Lee, Doc Oliver, etc) made politically based music critical of George Bush and the Iraq War. Repetitive rhythmic music is nice, and may even be a critical element, but the powerful LeverMind messaging is most important.
I tried to keep this post as brief as possible. I'll do my best to answer questions but I plan to drop back from general activity on SaidIt a lot until 9/11 after. Feedback very welcome.