Moderators being targeted by AHS and Bardfinn are sometimes at a loss as to how to protect their subreddit. Here are a few things to consider doing, if you're the moderator of /r/Saidit (or any other subreddit currently being targeted by AHS) and your subreddit is being targeted by AHS and Bardfinn:
1) Setting your subreddit to private ASAP is the first step you must take. This is to prevent your subreddit from being mirrored and to prevent your participants from being tagged by Bardfinn, who uses a number of different tagging software to tag any and all participants (mods, subscribers and casuals) in enemy subreddits, in order to get them shunned on other subreddits. Bardfinn has admitted that he cannot data-mine a subreddit or tag its participants when it's set to private. However, do not assume that you're off the hook after you've gone private. AHS members use unique sockpuppets to infiltrate enemy subreddits they want to take it down. If AHS have access to your private subreddit through a sock, they can still falsely report any post or thread they have the link for to Reddit Admins. The reason why Bardfinn is a fan of the tagging software RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) is because RES allows him to easily switch amongst multiple sockpuppet accounts. There is a way to adjust the settings in RES to allow for the addition of an infinite number of sockpuppet accounts, and this is a feature that RES is highlighting to advertise its software on it's product website. To give an example, Bardfinn was using a unique sockpuppet account called "MobileSemper" to infiltrate the notorious far-left subreddit /r/ChapoTrapHouse before that subreddit got taken down. Once /r/ChapoTrapHouse was banned, Bardfinn abandoned that MobileSemper account and didn't use it again to infiltrate new subreddits. It's assumed that he's using a different sockpuppet account for every subreddit he's infiltrated, using RES to easily switch amongst and manage all these. Just because you've set your subreddit to private do not assume it's not already infiltrated by AHS socks. One of the reasons that for example Ovarit (the platform that Reddit TERFs moved to after /r/GenderCritical got banned) only accepts request from Twitter accounts is to prevent infiltration by sockpuppets. Consider adopting a similar system, like only allowing accounts to join that already have a presence on Saidit.
2) If possible, please switch to manual moderation for the time being and announce this switch in a sticky post at the top. AHS is alleged to have posted illegal material to enemy subreddits to create the pretext for taking those subreddits down, so keep an eye on your mod-que, which AHS will attempt to overflow with a lot of false abuse reports (this is what the /r/GenderCriticals mods said they encountered on the day their subreddit was taken down, and this is what the /r/detrans mods experienced before the hijackinga attempt on their subreddit, more on that below). The way to prevent and catch these malicious posts is through manual moderation. (This is the reason I have set my sub to manual moderation, because I want to catch them in the act if they ever try to do this without jeopardizing the sub itself)
3) Expect to have to deal with a (but possibly more) malicious subreddit hijacking attempt(s) from Bardfinn himself, one of his socks or someone else at AHS. Most Redditors don't even know that this is possible and don't know how to deal with it. If possible, have a number of different moderator accounts that are similarly named (say GameMod1, Gamemod2, Gamemod4) and switch amongst these when one moderator is not available or is sleeping. If possible do not use unique names or existing accounts to moderate. When Bardfinn attempted to hijack /r/detrans, he deliberately waited for their moderators to go to sleep and made his move while they were AFK. I know it's really creepy to have consider that this man is cyberstalking you 24/7 to determine your sleeping patterns, but that's the kind of obsessed cyberstalker Bardfinn is and you must anticipate he will do this, repeatedly.
4) Do not attempt to contact AHS themselves or post in their threads about your subreddit. AHS love baiting the mods from targeted subreddits into responding to their threads because then they can deliberately misconstrue any contact attempt from a targeted subreddit's moderator as "harassment" and use it to try and get you personally banned. If you are the sole moderator of your subreddit and AHS manage to get banned, your subreddit becomes an orphaned subreddit and can instantly be hijacked. Besides, these people are zealots and there is no point in trying to reason with them anyway. A month ago Bardfinn posted that he no longer accepts PMs from people he doesn't know, so you can't contact him even if you tried.
5) You can try (if you feel like wasting your time) but do not expect anything from contacting Reddit, they already know this is happening and they just don't give a damn. In fact, they happily enable all of this. AHS leaders (who are known as The League of Extraordinary Trolls) were invited to Reddit HQ to talk about their "work", so you know whose side Reddit are on. It's not the side of Redditors.
6) Consider leaving Reddit altogether. You can migrate your subreddit to Saidit or set up your own website with your own discussion forum. That's what /r/GenderCritical did when they got banned: they set up their own website "Ovarit". To prevent their forum from being infiltrated by Bardfinn and AHS they only give out invite codes over DM to existing Twitter accounts:
It's been one month since Reddit started banning #gendercritical and women-only communities, and today we're ready to launch our new site! Send us a direct message for an invite code. https://ovarit.com
7) Study the online infiltration methods that Bardfinn and AHS are using to infiltrate enemy subreddits, and reverse-engineer those methods to better protect your subreddit against such infiltration attempts.